- The group welcomes new research staff, Dr. Srijayaprakash Uppada, November 2020.
- Majeti-lab receives NIH funding (R01, NIAID) September 2020 (PI: Majeti; MPI: Arora).
- Drs. Ganugula and Arora are promoted to Assistant Professor Research, effective September 01, 2020. Congratulations.
- Two of our patent applications (#15/567,370 and #15/748,327) are issued.
- Our work on “systemic anti-inflammatory therapy for intraocular inflammation using canine model” just accepted for publication in Science Advances Congratulations Ganugula et. al., Also this is the first paper with Drs. Scott, Lepiz and Mallick (TAMU), and Pflugfelder, Baylor College of Medicine, longtime collaborators on eye disease projects (Highlighted in Texas A&M Today; NEI-NIH; EurekAlert; and several other news outlets).
- The group welcomes new postdoctoral scholar, Dr. Bryan Ngo, August 2020.
- Majeti selected to receive Distinguished Scientist Award of the International Journal of Nanomedicine, July 2020
- Majeti elected a Foreign Fellow, European Academy of Sciences, July 2020
- Majeti-lab receives NIH funding (R01, NIDDK) July 2020 (PI: Majeti; MPI: Ganugula).
- Our work on oral naloxone with mild withdrawal symptoms just accepted for publication in ACS Chemical Neuroscience Congratulations Madison, Arora et. al., Also this is the first paper with Dr. Eitan, TAMU-Psychological & Brain Sciences, a longtime collaborator on drug abuse projects.
- Majeti covered in “Controlled Release Society’s Focus Group in Nanomedicine and Nanoscale Delivery, CRS FG NND Member Feature Articles – 1st Edition, CRS Newsletter June 2020.
- Our work on lupus just accepted for publication in Science Advances Congratulations Ganugula et. al., Also this is the first paper with Drs. Chandra Mohan, University of Houston, and Sandeep Agarwal, Baylor College of Medicine, longtime collaborators on lupus projects. This article is highlighted in Nature Reviews Rheumatology
- First paper of this year just accepted in International Journal of Molecular Sciences Congratulations Vitali et. al., (Arora and Ganugula from my lab). Also this is the first paper with Dr. Charu Kaushic of McMaster University, Canada, a longtime collaborator on HIV and other infectious disease projects.
- Our work on acute kidney injury just accepted for publication in “American Journal of Physiology-Renal Physiology”, congratulations Zou et al., This is the first paper with our collaborators (Mary B Nabity-TAMU, David Sheikh-Hamad-BCM) in kidney diseases, and more to come. This article has been selected for APSselect (http://apsselect.physiology.org/), a collection from the APS that showcases some of the best recently published articles in physiological research.
- The special issue comprising of 34 articles on “Drug Delivery Technologies” was guest edited by Majeti and recently published in The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (JPET), JPET Special Issue TOC (Vol. 370, Issue 3, 1 Sep 2019). This issue happens to be one of the largest special issues of JPET since 1909. JPET is the official journal of American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. Click this link to read the editorial.
- The 15th International Conference on Polymers for Advanced Technologies (PAT 2019) was held during Aug 8-10, 2019. The conference received excellent feedback from speakers and participants. Here are some pictures from the meeting. Download the PAT-2019 Program and Abstract Book. ⇒TAMU News Feed
- Arora et al published in ACS Appl. Bio Mater, July 2019. Also this is the first paper with Dr. Prabha Garg of NIPER-Mohali, India, a longtime friend and collaborator in molecular modeling. (featured on the journal cover), Congratulations [This article has subsequently received wide media coverage: India Science Wire; The Hindu; DownToEarth; BioTechTimes; ResearchStash etc]
- Preez et al published in Nutrients, July 2019. Also this is the first paper with Dr. Lindsay Brown of University of Southern Queensland-Australia, a longtime collaborator in metabolic diseases.
- Majeti (M. N. V. Ravi Kumar) appointed to Editorial board of Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, June 2019
- Kaur et al., published review in Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, April 2019
- Kaur et al., published in Chem Comm, April 28 2019 (featured on the journal back cover), Congratulations.
- Majeti delivers plenary lecture at the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Congress (EUFEPS), Germany, March 6-8, 2019.
- First paper of this year just accepted in ACS Chemical Neuroscience. Congratulations Gangula et al.,. Also this is the first paper with Dr. Hui-Lin Pan of MD Anderson, a longtime collaborator on peripheral neuropathy projects (featured on the journal cover).
- The group welcomes new postdoctoral scholar, Dr. Dianxiong Zou, November 2018
- 15th International Conference on Polymers for Advanced Technologies (PAT 2019) will be held in College Station, Texas on August 8-10, 2019
- Majeti-Elected a Fellow, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS). He will receive the award in Nov 2018 during the AAPS annual meeting in DC.
- Dr. Raghu Ganugula is the recipient of 2018 T. Nagai Postdoctoral Research Achievement Award from the Controlled Release Society. He will receive the award in July 2018 during the CRS annual meeting in New York. Hearty congratulations Raghu, we are proud of you.
- Aman heads back to home lab in May 2018 after a productive trip to TAMHSC. Good luck Aman.
- In March 2018, Dr. Guada completes two years of postdoctoral stay in the group has moved forward. Wish you good luck for your future and thanks for all the contributions!
- Majeti-lab welcomes Aman Tedasen (Jan 2018), a PhD student from Prince of Songkla University, Thailand.
- Majeti visits Dr. Udo Bakowsky in Philipps Universität Marburg (Jan 7-10), during this visit he also made presentations at Institute of Biomaterials, Erlangen (Jan 11) and presents a seminar, and Saarbruecken (Jan 12) and made presentations. Some exciting collaborations in store.
- The group welcomes two new postdoctoral scholars, Drs. Mukherjee and Kaur (October/November 2017).
- Majeti-lab receives NIH funding (R01, NEI) September 2017.
- Majeti-named one of the Royal Society of Chemistry’s Faces of Toxicology https://youtu.be/R4ZjUTCzO9M
- Ganugula et al., published in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, July 2017. Congratulations.
- Guada and Ganugula et al., published in Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, July 2017 (featured on the journal cover).
- Ganugula et al., published in British Journal of Pharmacology, April 2017. Congratulations.
- Ganugula et al., published in Journal of the American Chemical Society, May 2017 (featured on the journal cover).
- Ganugula et al., published in ACS Macro Letters, February 2017 (featured on the journal cover).
- In September 2016, Dr. Saini completes over two years of postdoctoral stay in the group has moved forward. Wish you good luck for your future and thanks for all the contributions!
- News coverage on our Scientific Reports article, https://vitalrecord.tamhsc.edu/researchers-improving-drug-delivery/ (http://www.nature.com/articles/srep29501)
- Invited review in Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, just accepted, congratulations Saini and Arora.
- Our first research paper from the work at Texas A&M accepted in Scientific Reports, congratulations, Saini, Ganugula and Arora.
- Handbook of polyester drug delivery systems, Pan Stanford Publishers, USA (Just published)
- Saini wins first prize in Research Colloquium, while Ganugula picks up a special mention.
- The group welcomes a new visiting scholar. Arpa Petchsomrit is a final year graduate student at Prince of Songkla University.
- The group welcomes a new postdoctoral associate.Melissa graduated from University of Navarra!
- Ganugula is presenting a poster at ASPET-EB 2016 “Orally bioavailable curcumin nanosystems (nCUR) prevent pancreatic islets/beta cells from cellular stress-induced inflammation and apoptosis in in vitro and in vivo models of type 1 diabetes” San Diego April 2-6, 2016 (Abstract Number: 1367)
- Ms P. Jaisamut finished her visit in the group. It was nice to have you here. Good luck! January 2016
- Majeti is interviewed by Stella Bennett, commissioning editor for Therapeutic Delivery. “Its all about delivery-interview with M. N. V. Ravi Kumar, Therapeutic Delivery, 2015, 6(10) 1135-1137.
- Majeti-lab will be presenting two abstracts (Poster: November 30, 2015 (8:00 PM – L3.20) http://www.mrs.org/fall-2015-program-l/ and Oral: December 2, 2015 (4:15 PM – H7.07) http://www.mrs.org/fall-2015-program-h) at MRS-2015 Boston.
- Our recent publication featured on The Comparative Toxicogenomics Database (CTD; http://ctdbase.org/): “Drug- not carrier-dependent haematological and biochemical changes in a repeated dose study of cyclosporine encapsulated polyester nano- and micro-particles: size does not matter.” Toxicology. 2015 Apr 1;330:9-18. Click to review: http://ctdbase.org/authordirect.go?acc=25637670. CTD is an NIEHS-funded public database that elucidates molecular mechanisms by which environmental chemicals affect disease. It contains chemical-gene-disease interactions curated from the scientific literature.
2013 (United States of America)
- Joined Texas A&M University, College of Pharmacy, College Station Campus on November 4, 2013
Jan 2008-Oct 2013 (Scotland-UK)
Full Professor of Drug Delivery @ University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK (Moved with a group of 6 PhD students from NIPER)
Sept 2003-Dec 2007 (India)
First faculty position (Assistant Professor) @ National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Mohali, India