- Rationally designed naringenin-conjugated polyester nanoparticles enable folate receptor-mediated peroral delivery of insulin. I. M. Heyns, R. Ganugula, T. Varma, S. Allamreddy, N. Kumar, P. Garg, M. N. V. Ravi Kumar, M. Arora. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 15:45651-45657, 2023.
- Glucose-responsive microgel comprising conventional insulin and curcumin-laden nanoparticles - a potential combination for diabetes management. I. M. Heyns, G. Davis, R. Ganugula, M. N. V. Ravi Kumar and M. Arora. AAPS J. 25: 72, 2023.
- Systemic anti-inflammatory therapy aided by curcumin-laden double-headed nanoparticles combined with injectable long-acting insulin in a rodent model of diabetes eye disease. R. Ganugula, M. Arora, S. Dwivedi, D. S. Chandrashekar, S. Varambally, E. M. Scott, M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. ACS Nano 17: 6857-6874, 2023.
- Nanocurcumin combined with insulin alleviates diabetic kidney disease through P38/P53 signaling axis. R. Ganugula, N. K. Nuthalapati, S. Dwivedi, D. Zou, M. Arora, R. Friend, D. Sheikh-Hamad, R. Basu, M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. J. Control. Release 353: 621-633, 2023.
- Oral nano-curcumin alone or in combination with insulin alleviates diabetic neuropathy in rats. S. Dwivedi, A. Gottipati, R. Ganugula, M. Arora, R. Friend, R. Osburne, A. Rodrigues-Hoffman, R. Basu, H.-L. Pan, and M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. Mol. Pharm. 19: 4612-4624, 2022. (Cover article)
- Paclitaxel and Urolithin A prevent histamine induced neurovascular breakdown alike, in an ex vivo rat eye model. Uppada S, Zou D, Scott EM, Ko G, Pflugfelder S, Kumar MNVR, Ganugula R. ACS Chem. Neurosci. 13: 2084-2091, 2022. (Cover article)
- Nanoparticles that do not compete with endogenous ligands - Molecular characterization in vitro, acute safety in canine, and interspecies pharmacokinetics modeling to humans. Zou D, Arora M, Ganugula R, Kumar M, Scott EM, Shah D, Kumar MNVR. J Control Release. 332: 64-73, 2021.
- Systemic anti-inflammatory therapy aided by double-headed nanoparticles in a canine model of acute intraocular inflammation. Ganugula R, Arora M, Lepiz MA, Niu Y, Mallick BK, Pflugfelder SC, Scott EM, Kumar MNVR. Sci. Adv. 6: eabb7878, 2020. (Quarterly picks from the editors Science Translational Medicine 30 Sep 2020 Vol 12, Issue 563)
Novel Oral nanoparticle formulation of sustained release naloxone with mild withdrawal symptoms in mice. Madison CA, Arora M, Kumar MNVR, Eitan S. ACS Chem Neurosci. 11: 1955-1964, 2020.
- A highly potent lymphatic system–targeting nanoparticle cyclosporine prevents glomerulonephritis in mouse model of lupus. Ganugula R, Arora M, Zou D, Agarwal SK, Mohan C, Kumar MNVR. Sci. Adv. 6: eabb3900, 2020. This article is highlighted in Nature Reviews Rheumatology
- Oral delivery of nanoparticle urolithin A normalizes cellular stress and improves survival in mouse model of cisplatin-induced AKI. Zou D, Ganugula R, Arora M, Nabity MB, Sheikh-Hamad D, Kumar MNVR.. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol, 317, F1255-F1264, 2019. (Selected for APS Select award)
- Next-generation noncompetitive nanosystems based on gambogic acid: In silico identification of transferrin receptor binding sites, regulatory shelf stability, and their preliminary safety in healthy rodents. Arora M, Ganugula R, Kumar N, Kaur G, Pellois, JP, Garg P, Kumar MNVR. ACS Applied Bio Materials, 2: 3540-3550, 2019. (Cover Article)
- Double-headed nanosystems for oral drug delivery. Kaur G, Arora M, Ganugula R, Kumar MNVR. Chem Comm. 55: 4761-4764, 2019. (Cover Article, back cover)
- Polyester nanoparticle encapsulation mitigates paclitaxel-induced peripheral neuropathy. Ganugula R, Deng M, Arora M, Pan HL, Kumar MNVR. ACS Chem Neurosci. 10: 1801–1812, 2019. (Cover Article)
- Urolithin A mitigates cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity by inhibiting renal inflammation and apoptosis in an experimental rat model. Guada M, Ganugula R, Vadhanam M, Kumar MNVR. JPharmacol Exp Ther. 363: 58-65, 2017. (Cover Article)
- Next generation precision-polyesters enabling optimization of ligand-receptor stoichiometry for modular drug delivery. Ganugula R, Arora M, Saini P, Guada M, Kumar MNVR. J Am Chem Soc. 139: 7203-7216, 2017. (Cover Article)
- Noncompetitive active transport exploiting intestinal transferrin receptors for oral delivery of proteins by tunable nanoplatform. Ganugula R, Arora M, Guada M, Saini P, Kumar MNVR. ACS Macro Lett. 6: 161-164, 2017. (Cover Article)